Follow Mumbling Jack, my new blog

  • Crocuses - Outside now, rain falls,Smearing crocus in our eyesAs April arrivesTo weave, with tentative hands,Green through yellow mats of grass
    2 weeks ago

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I'll enjoy it while it lasts

The Jays at the top of the American league standings, I mean. Didn't get to see them whup the A's last night, but I found a deliciously strange little armchair game report by Jobu of the Batter's Box.
10:52 Boo Ya... 5-4-3 to get Chacin out of the inning and keep the shut out. In-field mics pick up the discussion between Koskie and Chacin on the walk back to the dugout.

Chacin: I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole.
Koskie: Seriously...you’re freaking me out now

11:16 Shea with a screaming double in the 4th to put the Jays up 6-0. And with that Saarloos is pulled. I lean to Rick and drop this puppy "Looks like he’s the Saarlooser." For some reason I don’t get a laugh.
Etc.

No comments: